Take classic mojitos up a notch with this recipe for frozen mojitos! Made with real mint and blended with ice, these slushie-style mojitos hit the spot on a warm summer day.
We’re adding blended mojitos to our frozen drink recipe repertoire! Readers love our frozen margaritas, strawberry peach frosé, and sex on the beach slushies, so we thought it was time to give traditional mojitos a Fit Foodie twist. Cheers!
“This mojito recipe is great. I made it on a super hot day and it was very refreshing.” – Olivia
What is in frozen mojitos
For this frozen drink recipe, think classic mojito ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Lime Juice: Fresh is best. You’ll need about 2-3 juicy limes for 2 ounces of juice.
- Rum: Any kind of dark or light rum is great for mojitos.
- Simple Syrup: For a little sweetness.
- Mint: Fresh mint is the star ingredient! It adds fresh flavor and what turns these blended mojitos green.
- Ice: Can’t have frozen mojitos without ice.
- Sparkling Water: Added at the very end, the bubbles add a little texture.
Rum: We prefer white rum for mojitos. Lately, we’ve been loving Minnesota-made Skaalvenn.
Simple Syrup: Our honey simple syrup pairs wonderfully with mojito flavors, but regular works too.
Sparkling Water: Use your favorite brand of plain or lime sparkling water.
Can you use mint extract instead?
We went back and forth whether to use fresh mint, mint extract, or both and it came down to one thing: flavor. Fresh mint gives a fresh flavor that you just can’t get with mint extract. Plus, it turns these slushies green!
How long should I blend these mojitos?
Blend everything together until smooth. The goal is to pulverize the mint leaves so there aren’t any large chunks floating around.
For best results, make these mojitos immediately prior to serving.
Add a little something extra to these frozen mojitos before serving! Top off with sparkling water and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and another lime wedge.
- 2 oz. lime juice 1/4 cup, about 2-3 juicy limes
- 4 oz. white rum 1/2 cup
- 2 oz. simple syrup 1/4 cup*
- 12-15 medium fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice or more, to taste
- sparkling water for topping
Begin by juicing limes until you’ve juiced around 1/4 cup. Transfer lime juice into a high-speed blender.
Next, add white rum, simple syrup, mint leaves, and ice into the blender. Blend on high for about a minute or until the mint leaves have pureed.
Give it a taste and blend in more fresh mint as needed.
Pour blended mojitos into 2 tall glasses. Then, top them off with sparkling water.
Serve with fresh mint and a lime slice.
Tips & Notes
- Simple Syrup: Our honey simple syrup pairs wonderfully with mojito flavors, but regular works too.
Calories: 195kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 0g Fat: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 19g