This baked eggs recipe is as simple as it gets! Crack eggs in a greased muffin tin and bake for 10-15 minutes for a protein-packed breakfast or snack.
Baked eggs are a fabulous swap for hard-boiled eggs, but don’t require any peeling!
This baked eggs recipe has been made by so many of you and is one of Fit Foodie Finds’ most popular recipes!
Baked eggs are such a simple, foolproof way to cook eggs and they seriously come out perfect every single time. We like to bake our eggs right in a muffin tin to cook multiple at a time. Best part? They only take 10-15 minutes!
“Very good. Made breakfast sandwiches with them. Cooked for 15 and had little runny yolks. Will cut it back to 13 minutes next time. Also after pulling out of oven, sprinkled shredded cheese to melt while I finished with the sausage patties and hash browns.” –Melinda
What do you need for baked eggs?
- Eggs: feel free to bake as many eggs at a time as you want.
- Nonstick cooking spray: you can use nonstick cooking spray or coconut oil cooking spray.
- Nonstick muffin tin: make sure to use a nonstick muffin tin as the last thing you want is for the eggs to stick to the pan.
How long do you bake eggs in oven?
We suggest baking your eggs for around 10-15 minutes depending on how runny you like your yolk. The longer you cook your eggs, the harder the yolk will be.
- 10-11 minutes: runny yolk
- 12-13 minutes: over-medium
- 14-15 minutes: fully cooked yolk
Lots of you have shared fun variations of this recipe in the comment section!
- Add thawed, frozen hash browns to the bottom of your eggs.
- Top your eggs with minced peppers and onions.
- Top your eggs with diced ham and cheddar cheese.
- Make avocado baked eggs and bake your eggs right in an avocado half.
Let your baked eggs cool completely and then transfer them into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Can I make baked eggs ahead of time?
Muffin tin eggs are such a great meal-prep recipe that you can make ahead of time. They will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
Can you freeze baked eggs?
Lots of readers have asked this question in the comment section. We don’t recommend freezing your baked eggs because they will become rubbery when thawed.
Baked eggs can be used in place of hard-boiled eggs in egg salad. All you need to do is chop them up!
First, preheat the oven to 350ºF and generously spray a nonstick muffin tin with cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use muffin liners, but we still suggest spraying those with cooking spray.
Next, crack one egg into each well and then season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Bake eggs at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until the yolk reaches your desired doneness.-10-11 minutes: runny yolk-12-13 minutes: over-medium-14-15 minutes: fully cooked yolk
If your eggs don’t come right out, run a knife around the edges to help them loosen.
Tips & Notes
- Timing: the longer you cook your eggs, the harder the yolk will be. Start with 10 minutes and go from there.
- Muffin tin: make sure to use a nonstick muffin tin or you might have problems getting your eggs out of the muffin tin. You can also use silicone muffin cups like this one.
Serving: 1g Calories: 70kcal Carbohydrates: 0g Protein: 6g Fat: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g