These avocado brownies are an easy, healthy, and delicious twist on classic brownies! They are mixed together in a food processor. This recipe is easy enough for kids to make. The brownies are higher in healthy fats and protein and lower in sugar. They are gooey, fudgy, and decadent!
These avocado brownies are incredibly fudgy, chocolaty, and tasty! These brownies taste rich and decadent, but they are made with wholesome nutritious ingredients. They have a shiny glossy top and fudgy texture. These 30-minute brownies are blended in a food processor and then baked to gooey perfection. They are naturally gluten-free and made with real food ingredients!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These healthy brownies are quick and easy to make!
- They take only 30 minutes in total.
- All of the ingredients are combined in a food processor. No stand mixer or hand mixing is needed!
- These brownies come together effortlessly and quickly.
- The result is a luscious, moist, and rich fudgy texture. They are not dry or dull.
- Packed with wholesome ingredients and essential nutrients, they are healthier than regular brownies.
- They are an excellent option for any time of day.
- This recipe excludes black beans and flour.
- This recipe is Paleo-friendly, gluten-free, grain-free, flourless, dairy-free, oil-free, and free from refined sugars.
- Check out these 5 Minute Brownies for another easy dessert recipe!
Ingredients & Substitutes
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full avocado brownie recipe.
Mashed avocado adds the best fudgy texture! One large avocado yields about half a cup of mashed avocado.
The eggs bind the brownies together and help create the shiny top! For an egg-free version, try these Vegan Avocado Brownies.
Coconut sugar is a great natural sweetener! If necessary, substitute with light brown sugar.
Cocoa powder adds the chocolate flavor.
All-natural creamy peanut butter adds flavor and thickness. Use peanut butter made from only peanuts and salt. If needed, use almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter. SunButter is great for a nut-free option.
Baking powder helps these brownies rise slightly while baking. Overall, they do not rise much.
Vanilla extract adds a classic brownie flavor.
Add in a pinch of sea salt to balance out the flavors.
Lastly, mix in mini dark chocolate chips. Regular chocolate chips work well too. We love Enjoy Life chocolate chips, although they do contain a little added sugar.
Health Benefits of Avocado
There are many health benefits of avocado! Here are some of the best things about avocado.
- Avocado is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- It is high in fiber, which aids digestion.
- Avocado is abundant in vitamins and minerals, promoting overall health.
- It contains antioxidants that support cell health.
- Avocado helps regulate blood sugar levels.
- Furthermore, it assists with feeling fuller longer due to increased satiety.
- It also supports skin health and collagen production.
- Moreover, avocados may help reduce inflammation in the body.
Taste & Texture
These avocado brownies are chocolaty and rich! They do not taste like avocado. They taste like chocolate with a hint of peanut butter. These brownies are not as sweet as normal brownies.
They are fudgy and gooey. They do not have a cake-like texture.
How to Make
First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to a food processor. Process on high until smooth and creamy.
Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter to the lined brownie pan.
Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Finally, remove the pan from the oven. Allow the brownies to completely cool before slicing and serving.
Expert Tips for Success
Use creamy all-natural peanut butter. The only ingredients should be peanuts and salt.
Blend or process on high until smooth and creamy. You will probably have to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Use an 8-inch brownie pan for slightly thicker brownies. A 9-inch pan will yield thinner brownies.
Line the pan with parchment paper.
Do not overbake! They will look gooey in the middle.
Flavor Variations & Add-Ins
These avocado brownies can be mixed and matched.
Add in some white chocolate chips.
Mix in chopped dark chocolate bars. This creates pools of melted chocolate!
Add in some chopped pecans or walnuts.
Drizzle peanut butter on top before eating!
How to Serve & Store
Serve these avocado brownies once cool.
They pair well with a cup of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.
For the ultimate dessert, serve warmed up with a scoop of homemade ice cream!
Drizzle with peanut butter on top.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Our favorite way to eat these is straight from the fridge! This is especially delicious in the summer.
If needed, freeze for up to 2 months.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
No, these brownies do not taste like avocado.
If needed, replace the avocado with mashed ripe bananas. The brownies will be slightly less fudgy and thick, but they will taste delicious.
These brownies are made from healthy ingredients, yes.
Yes, these brownies are gluten-free.
Pre-Cut Parchment Paper Sheets: These parchment paper sheets are great for lining pans.
Food Processor: This is the food processor we use weekly at home!
8-Inch Square Pan: Use this pan to make these healthy avocado brownies.
You May Also Enjoy
If you enjoyed this avocado brownie recipe, please leave a rating and comment! For more inspiration, check out my Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. For 5 free weekly meal plans and more free resources, sign up to receive my free newsletter! For more ideas, check out these Dessert Recipes!
Enjoy these healthy avocado brownies!