These carrot cake overnight oats are truly a breakfast treat. Not only are they packed with whole grains and fiber, but they taste just like carrot cake thanks to shredded carrots, cinnamon and allspice.
“I was looking for some new overnight oat ideas and this one is so good, will definitely become a regular recipe! I don’t like super sweet things in the morning so I actually omitted the maple syrup altogether, and found it was still enough with the vanilla and spices. Served it with a vegan vanilla coconut yoghurt and topped with walnuts and pecans 🙂” – Jay
Are you ready for a carrot cake meets breakfast kind-of-recipe? Like our classic overnight oats recipe, these carrot cake overnight oats can be mixed up the night before so that breakfast is ready when you wake up.
They’re made with wholesome ingredients and radiate carrot cake flavors. I love topping mine with a dollop of Greek yogurt, walnuts, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Double the batch to serve the family all week long!
What is in carrot cake overnight oats?
Ingredients Swaps and Modifications
- Make it gluten-free: if you’re hoping to make this gluten-free, make sure that you use certified gluten-free oats and you’re good to go.
- Make it creamy: I love making overnight oats creamy. All you have to do is add a scoop of Greek yogurt.
- Swap the oats: you can use rolled oats or quick cooking oats for this recipe.
- Add protein: add around 2 tablespoons of your favorite protein powder to amp up the protein.
Store overnight oats in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to serve, eat cold.
Combine dry ingredients in medium container with a cover.
Add the wet ingredients and mix again.
Cover and transfer the container to the refrigerator. Let sit for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Top with Greek yogurt and pecans.
Tips & Notes
- Feel free to double this recipe.
- This should last in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Depending on how thick you like your oats, feel free to add a splash of almond milk before serving.
- Nutrition facts are without toppings.
Calories: 340kcal Carbohydrates: 70g Protein: 8g Fat: 4g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 32g