Black bean and corn salad might just be the easiest salad you’ve ever made. It’s made with sweet corn, black beans, lime juice, cotija, and fresh cilantro.
I’m salivating thinking about eating this black bean and corn salad paired next to cilantro lime chicken or grilled shrimp and a homemade grapefruit margarita. It’s our go-to salad when we have leftover corn on the cob.
Our recipe can be made with fresh corn, canned corn, or frozen corn and only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Mix everything together in a bowl and you’ve got the most crowd-pleasing salad ready to go.
What is in Black Bean and Corn Salad?
- black beans: we used canned black beans that were drained and rinsed, but you can also make your own.
- corn: our favorite thing to do is to cut corn kernels straight off the cob using our grilled corn in foil recipe, but canned or frozen corn works just as well.
- jalapeño: we love using fresh jalapeños in this recipe, but you can also go for canned if that’s easier.
- tomatoes: there are so many variations of tomatoes out there, so use what you have. We opted for multi-colored cherry tomatoes.
- cilantro: cilantro adds such a wonderful, fresh flavor to this black bean and corn salad. Make sure to use fresh!
- onion: a little bit of minced onions goes a long way.
- cotija cheese: cotija cheese is a salty Mexican cheese. You can also use queso fresco if you have that!
- lime juice: fresh lime juice is the basis of the vinaigrette dressing that ties everything together for this black bean corn salad.
- apple cider vinegar: ACV adds a little zing. If you don’t have it, you can use a little white vinegar too.
Is black bean and corn salad healthy?
If you are looking for a fresh and healthy cold salad to whip up, this black bean corn salad is a healthy option because of its high fiber content and fresh, whole ingredients. It’s packed with so many veggies and legumes making it a healthy salad option.
How long does black bean salad last in the fridge?
Store black bean salad in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
Got leftover Black Bean corn salad? Simply transfer it into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
What to Serve with Black Bean Corn Salad
Our two favorite ways to eat this black bean corn salad is as a salad or a as a salsa/dip with tortilla chips.
- 2 cups sweet corn canned, frozen, or grilled
- 1 15- oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion minced (1/2 cup)
- 1.5 cup cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno optional
- 2-3 tablespoons lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until combined.
Season with more lime juice and salt, to taste.
Serve as a salad, dip, or relish. Your choice!
Tips & Notes
Storage: store in an air-tight glass container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Calories: 152kcal Carbohydrates: 25g Protein: 8g Fat: 3g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 5g